Weekend Roundup: Apple Tree edition
Posted: September 22, 2012 Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: inspiration, links, recipes
We’ve got an inspection on Tuesday, which means a lot of cleaning this weekend. I’m preparing myself by looking at beautiful landscape photos (although this probably isn’t the wisest thing, since it’s sending my wanderlust into overdrive).
Here’s a peek at what’s been inspiring me this week. Have a lovely weekend!
- I’ve only had apple chips once, but they were incredibly tasty and addictive, so I was thrilled to see this recipe for them. (A Beautiful Mess)
- Purl Soho and Egg Press have teamed up to make this gorgeous seasonal embroidery kit. I can’t get enough of that wood grain! (Purl Bee)
- I’d never heard of kokedama (a Japanese way of hanging plants) until I saw this tutorial. Now I want a balcony just so I can hang a series of them. (MAKE)
- Aesthetic Outburst is releasing her book You Are Awesome: 21 Crafts to Make You Happy at the end of the month, and it’s filled with some of the most fun and ingenious craft ideas I’ve seen in a long time. (Aesthetic Outburst)
- Jessica over at How About Orange used polycrylic to turn gorgeous origami blossoms into sturdy little sculptures – this has lots of potential for different decorating ideas. (How About Orange)
- Finally, I might never be able to afford this stunning kilim runner, but in the meantime it’s causing all sorts of embroidery ideas to run through my mind. (Etienne)