Wedding Dress Wednesday: Getting ClosePosted: January 10, 2013
I really wanted to do some more work on the dress this week, so I convinced the Mister to pin me in (not an experience he enjoyed very much). My guess from last week was correct – it was definitely too big.
Yup, definitely way too baggy. Actually, it wasn’t too bad across the hips, but then the skirt isn’t my priority here. So I decided to go down a size to the size 8. I actually traced out the curvy fit skirt as well, but I didn’t have enough fabric for it, so I just cut out the bodice and attached it to the existing skirt, easing in the excess.
The Mister swallowed his hatred of pinning and secured me in the new dress.
Obviously it’s still a bit wrinkled in the back, although I’m not sure how much of that is just a pinning issue. There is also a little excess fabric in the centre front panel, and some diagonal wrinkles in the side panels. I’ll have to do a little research to figure out how to address them – I’m not sure where the best spot is to take in the excess.
Well, that’s all until next week. Fingers crossed I’ll have lots more progress to report!