Wedding Dress Wednesday: Pretty!

Wednesday_header

The motif is attached!

bodice

It’s a bit hard to see on the mannequin, because in this case she’s just not close enough to my measurements. But it’s looking really good!

I put in some fusible interfacing, but I’m not happy with it; the adhesive isn’t very good, and it’s causing bubbles. So once the lining has been attached around the neckline and armholes I’ll take the interfacing out – it can just provide a bit of extra support behind the motif and along the seamlines.

I am a little bit concerned about how heavy the motif is. I’m going to put in a waist stay, which should help. I’m also thinking that, maybe in addition to fully lining the bodice, I should add a facing around the neckline in a firmer fabric. What do you think?

Advertisements

2 Comments on “Wedding Dress Wednesday: Pretty!”

  1. Becky says:

    I’ve discovered in my own dress-making process that silk organza is amazing. I ended up pretty much making a corset out of the stuff for the top of my dress. So you could consider using some of that as a facing or even a full underlining, just to give it some lightweight but strong support!

    The motif looks really cool, can’t wait to see the finished dress!

  2. Ellaine says:

    Oooh, nice! Times like these, I wish I knew more about sewing…so I’ll remain an interested observer.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s